Safety, Health & Environment Consultants
Accident Investigation Service
Podojil & Associates subject matter experts investigate accidents, injuries and near misses in the workplace. The situations we investigate internally for organizations are intended to identify why the incident occurred and the steps to take to prevent similar situations occurring in the future.
The reports we prepare for the legal practitioner can assist in establishing negligence or defending a negligent action.
In investigating incidents internally for organizations and outside counsel, we identify the factors that contributed to the incident and detail control measures needed to prevent a recurrence. Our analysis identifies the range of factors that contributed to the incident; the type’s of factors we examine are:
· Person factors - training, experience, activities, supervision, etc.
· Equipment factors - suitability, condition, design, maintenance, etc.
· Environmental factors - weather, work conditions, temperature, lighting, etc.
· Procedural factors - instructions, work practices, systems of work, etc.
We also train persons within organization on how to investigate incidents objectively to reduce the possibility of similar incidents occurring.
Expert Witness Reports
We investigate a range of injuries for both Defendant and Plaintiff matters in regard to personal injury. The reports we prepare have been used in establishing liability or helping bring the matters to settlement. As an Expert Witness John F. Podojil has had over 37 years experience in this area. The matters that he has prepared reports cover a wide range of injuries, both at work and in public places:
· Manual material handling injuries
· Machine guarding accidents
· Slips / trips / falls on surfaces and stairs
· Inhalation of hazardous fumes
· Violent attacks at work
· Repetitive strain injuries (referred to as Occupational Overuse Syndrome)
· Falls from heights
· Construction Accidents
· Entrapment in machinery
· Injuries in technical education classrooms
· Struck-by tools and equipment
· Struck by falling merchandise in retain stores
Want to learn more about how we can help you win your case? Please visit our website: www.podojilconsulting.com or give us a call at (520) 568-5565